Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Sunday, January 6, 2008

Wasted

I often turn to music for inspiration and even courage... Today's song that is helping inspire me to make this huge move is Wasted by Carrie Underwood... I bolded the *really* important parts :)

Standi'n at the back door
she tried to make it fast
one tear hit the hardwood
it fell like broken glass
she said sometimes love slips away
and you just can't get it back
let's face it

for one split second she almost turned around
but that would be like pouri'n rain drops back into the clouds
so she took another step and said I see the way out and I'm going to take it

Cause I don't want to spend my life jaded,
waiti'n to wake up one day and find
that I let all these years go by, Wasted


Another glass of whiskey
but still don't kill the pain
so he stumbles to the sink
and pours it down the drain
and says it's time to be a man
and stop living for yesterday
Gotta face it


Cause I don't wanna spend my life jaded,
waiti'n to wake up one day and find
I let all these years go by, Wasted


He kept driving along,
until the moon and sun were floating side by side
he looked in the mirror and his eyes were clear for the first time in a while yeah yeah

Oh, I don't want to spend my life jaded waiti'n,
to wake up one day and find,
that I let all these years go by, wasted

--
Lyrics

No comments: