Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mommy Diaries

Just wanted to share a lesson or two that I learned this past week.
Wednesday nightI made a curry. In this curry were chiles. Apparently while de-seeding the chiles, I dropped the insides (seeds and all) of one on the floor. I was unaware of this until I saw Maddie with something in her mouth. I realized what it was as she began to scream and turned BRIGHT RED!

Oh no.

I got all the seeds that were in her mouth out, and quickly poured her some milk (base vs. acid-- I'm not completely useless in science!) Poor baby! After some rocking, more milk, petting, soothing, and sweet-talking-- she did calm down-- but was still all blotchy.

Lesson: Make sure all chile remnants make it IN the trash can.

In an attempt to cheer her up, I let her eat her spaghetti (a new favorite) with her hands. Before doing so, I stripped her to her diaper b/c of a lesson I learned Tuesday:

Lesson: Spaghetti sauce stains baby clothes worse than adult clothes.



So my red, blotchy baby looked all redneck with nothing on but a diaper and a bib-- but she was happy-- and afterall, that's the main thing, right?!


---
As a side note: I was so caught up in the chile incident that I forgot, for about an hour, to take the naan bread out-- whoops!

No comments: