Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Friday, July 22, 2011

Zuchinni Chocolate Chip Cookie Redux

OK, so I finally made the Zuchinni Chocolate Chip Cookies-- and I must say I was a bit disappointed. They taste GREAT! But the texture is more cake-like than chewy (I like my cookies CHEWY!) And also, the next day they just seemed soggy-- WAY too moist!




My good buddy Mary from Life in a Small Town sent me this message following my report of the soggy cookies--

I e-mailed a couple of food bloggers for advice on how to crisp up those zucchini cookies. Here's what Jessica (kitchenbellicious) said: "2 1/2 cups of flour total and another 1/2 tsp of baking soda." She said that she has never added honey, so that may be what's causing it. Katherine (smoky mountain cafe) said, "Try adding 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 1/4 cup granulated sugar and leave out the honey." One of these days when I'm bored I may try them out and see what happens

So instead of ditching the recipe TOTALLY... I will give it another go and make the changes. I thought perhaps the zuchinni itself added too much moisture-- I never even considered the honey.

No comments: