Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Monday, May 18, 2009

Book Club: 2009 List (so far)

Read So Far in 2009:
1.
James & the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl (Yes, this is a school selection)
2.
Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell (audiobook)
3.
He's Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo
4.
The Treasures of Weatherby by Zilpha Keatley Snyder (school)
5.
Unnatural Causes by P.D. James
6.
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
7.
Who Was Martin Luther King, Jr.? by Bonnie Bader
8.
Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
9.
Break No Bones by Kathy Reichs
10.
Horns and Wrinkles by Joseph Helgerson

Currently I'm reading:
The Anglo-Files: A Field Guide to the British by Sarah Lyall (STILL!)-- I have made some progress on this, and hope to have it done before my UK trip this summer.

Betrayed by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast-- I just can't get into this one like the first one...

Break No Bones was the first of the books from the series that inspired the TV show Bones that I have read. I wasn't very impressed. I LOVE the show-- but the characters are VERY different in the books. I have another one from the Brennan series to read this summer... so we'll see. Hopefully I will be adding several books to my list over the next several weeks-- since school will be out I will have more time to read... plus some transatlantic flights will help.

No comments: