Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Monday, May 4, 2009

My Random Thought for the Day...

On the way back from tap tonight I was listening to WUOT... and they played some song performed by the UT Wind Ensemble. Have you ever listened to a piece of music and thought to yourself, "How the heck did this ever get written? Who thought that this combination of 'plinks', 'honks', and 'screeches' works well together..."

I don't know which piece this was-- didn't catch the name. And being a former band nerd, I recognize and appreciate the difficulty of the piece. But I did not enjoy it, would not want to hear it again, nor do I think I would, with time, change my mind.

To each his own, I guess...

No comments: