Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Winter Blues

So yesterday or today (I've heard differing reports) is supposed to be the saddest day of the year. This is due to BLAH weather, short daylight hours, and credit card bills rolling in from Christmas. While I don't feel particularly depressed, certainly not more so than usual, it did make me think about things that cheer me up or keep me sane on a daily basis.

First of all, this face:


I have also enjoyed reading more lately-- something I have made a priority. Currently I am reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. More on that over at Two Pelicans Book Club.

Today on the way home from school I heard two songs that made me smile. One was new, or at least new to me. It's called Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri. If you haven't heard this song-- I suggest you try to find it somewhere and give it a listen.

**I found it for you :)




Second,  heard Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake. I haven't heard this in ages! It always makes me want to DANCE! (Plus I always laugh at the background vocal "YEAH!" that occurs throughout the song b/c my friend's husband pointed out it sounds like a parrot).

One of the main things that made me happy today is that it was not a total circus at school. As we have been off for 6 days due to snow, there was every chance it would be. The kids actually worked harder and behaved better than usual. Then I found out there is a full moon. Aha!

Oh yeah, and the bag of peanut M&Ms that my TA brought me didn't hurt either!

So what about you guys? What makes you happy during these bleak days of winter?

No comments: