Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Resolve...

Every year I try to come up with a theme for my new year. Within this theme lie my resolutions. A couple of years ago my theme was to be FEARLESS! That was the year I got married... and pregnant... SUCCESS!

This year I have deemed the YEAR OF GETTING MYSELF TOGETHER! This is a more multifaceted theme than most. Not only do I want to get my physical self in better shape, but also my emotional self. Last year WAS a roller coaster afterall! Of course, I firmly believe that by getting my physical self shaped up, that will in turn help a lot of my emotional stress.

Yes, I admit, I am resolving to lose weight. This, I feel, is possibly THE most unoriginal resolution. But alas! It must happen. I have decided to stagger my goals as far as this is concerned.

GOAL #1: Lose 10 lbs by Spring Break! This gives me approximately 9 wks. I'd like to be a bit more fit before VEGAS!

GOAL #2: Run another 1/2 marathon! (I swear I must be CRAZY!) I ran one a couple of years ago-- the YEAR OF BEING FEARLESS, actually-- and I did it! Of course, every step of the 13.1 miles I reminded myself that I hate running. However, truthfully, it wasn't as bad as I had envisioned. Plus I figure the training for this will help with Goal #1. And there is certainly a mental/ emotional component to pushing your body 13.1 miles. (Did I mention it was 13.1 miles?!)

GOAL #3: Be more positive at school! This is one of my major emotional issues. I am burnt out! TOAST! I really feel I need a change, and I have discussed this with my princi, but of course there is not much I can do before next school year. In the meantime, I need to suck it up and stop complaining about THIS year.

GOAL #4: Purge the house! I have done this several times in the last couple of years, but somehow I still have a TON of stuff! And now that I have hubby here-- and he HATES the clutter!-- PLUS a bunch of baby stuff-- I really need to SERIOUSLY cut the clutter! And I need to ORGANIZE what I have. Oy! Luckily my school is planning a rummage sale this spring-- I could provide enough stuff on my own! I really am looking forward to getting this goal accomplished!

GOAL #5: Become more financially saavy! Hubby has helped with this a LOT... as has refinancing the mortgage. I still suck at bills and balancing budgets-- but I vow to at least try harder!

So there it is! Now that it's out there, I hope I will feel more pressure to get these accomplished! Feel free to bug me from time to time on how I am doing.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Half-marathon. Wow. My quote for the day on my blog was by Joan Rivers: "The first time I see a jogger smiling, I'll consider it."