Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Book Club 2011, vol. 3

  1. Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen
  2. You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning by Celia Rivenbark
  3. The English American by Allison Larkin (audiobook)
  4. Murder of a Chocolate Covered Cherry by Denise Swenson (audiobook)
  5. Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (audiobook)
  6. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  7. Ghost Soldier by Elaine Marie Alphin (school)
  8. A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley (audiobook)
  9. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (school)
  10. Unbearable Lightness by Portia De Rossi
  11. Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key by Jack Gantos

 Currently Reading:


The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson-- reading this one at school as my kids read their book report books.

 

The Watsons Go to Birmingham, 1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis-- I read this one to the kids at school every year-- GREAT books.

 

 
Currently Listening:

 
Faithful Place by Tana French-- this is the 3rd in the Dublin Murder Squad series. I have really enjoyed these books... Looking forward to the 4th already.


Up Next:

 

 Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen-- Justy Mac and I have decided to make this the next book club book.

 
Joey Pigza Loses Control by Jack Gantos-- can't believe I have gone all these years teaching without having read these books!

 

As for my next audiobook, I am thinking 1st to Die by James Patterson. I know several people that really enjoy his books, thought I might give it a shot.

  
Any opinons?

--

 As always-- add me as a friend on Goodreads-- http://www.goodreads.com/sdaunsra


and at The Two Pelicans Book Club-- http://pelicansbookclub.blogspot.com/


 

 

 

No comments: