Got this from Life in a Small Town...
1. Do you think you're more like your mom or your dad?
Mom... DEFINITELY my mom! (Thank goodness!) That's not to say that I haven't picked some things up from my dad-- especially in the area of music appreciation... But as I get older, I find myself more and more like my mom.
2. Do you like roller coasters?
Yes. But I hate sitting in the car as it click-click-clicks up the hill... that moment of dread-- wishing I could get off and walk back down... but once the excitement starts-- I LOVE it!
3. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you'd thought about it maybe another five minutes before you hit publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? (French makes everything sound a little nicer doesn't it?)
Nah, it's ok... I created this blog when I was applying to teach in England. I created it to correspond with other expat teachers. That goal has long since passed-- instead I imported an Englishman! :) I guess the title is somewhat misleading, as my blog no longer really pertains exclusively to school or my job-- but it still describes me, so I'm fine with it.
4. What is the best wedding gift you received? Not married? Didn't get any gifts? Then what is the best wedding gift you've given?
Wow, this is a toughie! I received so many wonderful things... but have since received so many baby gifts that I can't even think... I'm a huge fan of gift cards-- I know they seem impersonal and "the easy way out"... but I like to view them as practical-- allowing people to get what they REALLY want or need.
5. What is the one bill you most hate to pay?
Right now the damn internet bill... for some reason I CANNOT log on to AT&T's website and pay online. And of course, I no longer receive a paper bill (though I have hopefully remedied this tonight)... thus I have to call. Mr. Automated Man often cannot seem to understand when I key things in on my phone ("BIGBOY!")... thus it is a collosal pain in the ass. And did you know if you have a HUMAN BEING process your payment on the phone it is an extra $5? WTF?!!
6. Is the glass half full or half empty?
I really try to keep it half full... but usually at school it is half-empty. (I'm really burnt out, can you tell?)
7. What is your favorite word? Okay okay. Calm down. How about one of your favorite words?
I have a lot of favorite words... (not all "appropriate") ;-)
Dude has consistently been one of my favorites... I once over heard some students at school arguing over who had the coolest teacher (a high honor, let me tell ya!)... the kid in my class said, "My teacher is the coolest because she says 'dude' and 'yo'." So there it is.
8. Something random...
|Maddie models her new Madonna shirt-- I love my little retro baby!|