Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Thursday, June 7, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 6

I've fallen behind AGAIN! Oof!

Day 6: What band or musician is most important to me

Well, this is a weird one. I'm not sure which artist is most important to me-- but there are MANY that I LOVE and certainly add to my life.

Being a former band and orchestra nerd I have been fortunate to be exposed to many genres of music. There are few that I don't really like. Basically it depends on what kind of mood I am in at the time. From classical and musicals to gangsta rap and heavy metal-- my iPod has it all!

Recently, like most everyone else in the world, I've been listening a LOT to Adele. I've loved her for MANY years now and I'm really happy she has found success. Her voice is so unique and full of feeling, and her lyrics hit home.

Of course, anyone who knows me knows I am a HUGE fan of cheesy 80s music... If only I could sing I would be a kareoke dynamo! I still love Debbie Gibson and New Kids on the Block. I know all the words to Baby Got Back and Buttermilk Biscuits! Nothing is better on a road trip than some Garth-- followed by some Def Leppard and Duran Duran, of course!

Music has been, and continues to be, a very important part of my life. I am so excited that Maddie seems to love music (& dancing) as much as I do. So I guess in answer to today's topic, MUSIC itself is important to me!

No comments: