Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head...

Well I am off school for the 2nd day in a row... No, not for the usual January snow reason, but for rain. That's right, RAIN! This may sound crazy to some people-- but check this out:

My friend Lacy took these-- she has a big honkin' truck, thus she was not in danger of washing away... This is the back road into school....

This is Perry's Mill-- right down the hill from where I teach...

See that bridge? I drive over that every day... the water is usually nowhere near that high... Nor does it usually spill out over the bank...


For the moment the rain has stopped, but they have forecasted more for the day... and now they are saying it might snow tomorrow morning. Geesh! "When it rains, it pours" I guess...  I vote we just take the rest of the week off and try again next week!  :)

No comments: