Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thanksgiving Month: 1

November is FINALLY here! My favorite month! Not just because of my birthday... but because the weather gets cooler, leaves change color, the holiday season begins-- but things aren't too stressful just yet!

I am going to do my best to post something everyday that I am thankful for up until Thanksgiving. So here goes!

Today, as I am home with a sick toddler, I am thankful for a good job that allows me to stay home when needed and that provides me with insurance to get meds for my baby.

Case in point-- took Miss Priss to the Dr (AGAIN) yesterday... Night before she screamed most of the night while pulling on her left ear-- clearly her ear infection is not gone. Turns out she has a rupture in her left ear drum. (sigh) The Dr. prescribed some drops for the left ear to help it heal. When I went to get them, they were $20, which I find ridiculous for the tiniest bottle of ear drops EVER, but if they help my girl feel better, GIVE THEM TO ME... But the most shocking was what was on the pharmacy paper that comes with them-


Um, I'm really glad it did-- but WTF?! HOW can those cost $188.08? And HOW do people without insurance do it?

So even though I do not LOVE my job all the time, today I am thankful for it. (And hoping Miss Priss feels better tomorrow so I can get back to it!)

No comments: