Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thanksgiving Month: 7,8,9,10,11

Catching up again! (Seriously, is anyone surprised?)

Day 7: I'm thankful that I live in a place where there are good doctors, and that I have the means to take my child to see them. Miss Priss visited the ENT and it was decided that she will get tubes next week. I think this is the right choice-- I certainly want her to feel better!

Day 8: I'm thankful to have a principal at school that doesn't intimidate me or make me feel uncomfortable when she comes in my room. My princi dropped by and ended up staying through 2 class periods. I hear other teachers complain when this happens-- it makes them nervous; they feel like they are doing something wrong, etc. Not that I am a perfect teacher! (FAR FROM IT!) But I know I am doing what I am supposed to be doing, so why would I be nervous?

Day 9: Thankful for a great school community. We had our Veteran's Day assembly since V Day is on Sunday this year. We had a good turn out of veterans-- many parents and grandparents-- and we had a very nice assembly. One of our TA's put a lot of work into pulling this together, and as a sister of a Marine Vet-- I deeply appreciate it.

Day 10: Thankful for an amazing day! My good pal from Nashville came up for the UT game (which sadly we lost in 4 OTs!)-- but we had a great time there, followed by a nice evening out in dowtown with snacks, beer, old friends, new friends, friends of friends.... We went by a buddy's 30th bday which was a lot of fun.. and rounded out the night at our fav Mexican place for FOOD. It was a gorgeous day and a lot of much needed RELAXING fun!



Day 11: As mentioned before, I am extremely thankful for all the Veterans, past and present, and for everything they do and go through for us. It takes courage I don't know that I could ever posses. I've had many family members in the military, but am particularly proud of my little brother. Semper Fi!

---
Some pics from this weekend:
Gramma's new puppy-- name is in the works



Apparently there was an earthquake in KY that was felt throughout TN... we were at the stadium and missed it-- but this picture cracked me up!!

This place is great. Go there! Now!




1 comment:

Mary said...

Sooo true about the princi! Gramma's puppy is adorable. That picture cracked me up! :)