Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Things I am thankful for (in no particular order):

~family
~friends
~travelling
~a good job
~technology
~red wine, champagne, & margaritas
~Las Vegas
~England
~Int'l texting :)
~my cats (even Carl who just turned over a glass of the above mentioned red wine)
~Girl Weekends in Nashville
~digital cameras
~a new President
~books on cd
~chocolate

I am especially thankful for another year to work on achieving my goals and dreams. Teaching school (esp in a rural area) makes me thankful for every opportunity I have, as well as all the opportunities I have had in my life. I am extremely lucky-- I have travelled, been surrounded by supportive family and friends, and been given much. Because of this I feel I have become a stronger person. I am no longer fearful about a lot of things. I am ready for change-- and motivated to make it happen.

I hope everyone has had a fantastic Thanksgiving. The Xmas season is upon us once again. I hope to get more "in the spirit" this year. Tomorrow the plan is to begin the decorating process. This means it will be acceptable to watch some of my fav holiday films... White Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated), and, of course, The Holiday and Love Actually-- though I watch those year-round... I admit. :)

Here are some photos from today:



Mamaw with the grandkids and great-grandkids (minus Mary Beth)


John sneaks into the pictures


Round 1 with the grandkids (before Parri & the girls arrived)


John & Karenna-- quite the duo!

No comments: