Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Book Club: 2009 List (so far)

I didn't keep a list of books I read last year-- I wish I had-- so I am adding that to my list of goals for this year. I know last I listened to the first 3 books in the Twilight series-- and part of the 4th. I read When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris (LOVE HIM!)... I also read some, as I call "easy reads"-- fun, mindless mysteries and such-- mainly while on vacation. And then there are my school reads-- books I read to the class. Some I read year after year, but I always try to squeeze in some new ones amongst the favorite standards. One that sticks out that the kids liked was The Ghost, The White House, and Me.

But that was 2008... it's done. Past. History.

So far in 2009 I have read/ listened to (remember, I LOVE audiobooks) a variety of things.

(Some of these are featured in entries below)

1. James & the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl (Yes, this is a school selection)
2. Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell (audiobook)
3. He's Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo
4. The Treasures of Weatherby by Zilpha Keatley Snyder (school)

Currently I'm reading:

The Anglo-Files: A Field Guide to the British by Sarah Lyall
Unnatural Causes by P.D. James

Next up for Audio:

Well, I'm not sure... maybe Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell
or Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

I also have The Chopin Manuscript downloaded-- just need to listen.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just replied to your comment on my blog, but putting it here, too. DEFINITELY recommend My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I wrote my two-cent review on goodreads...I don't think it has spoilers, but this is one book I think it is best to know very little about before you read it. :P