Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mixed Signals

So I am still torn about the movie He's Just Not that Into You. I really liked the book and what it had to say. But it presented a certain set of rules-- and the movie seem to break them. In case you haven't read the book or seen the movie, I won't give anything away.

The book makes you aware that things won't ALWAYS work out... not every story has a happy ending. And while not ALL the characters had happy endings-- there were MANY exceptions to Greg's proposed ways. I'm really curious what his thoughts on the script were. I'm sure he had some say-so in it...

The movie was sweet, if somewhat predictable. I liked it. It just didn't jive completely with the book, which was frustrating. (Trust me, Leigh was WAY more pissed than I was!)

So if you compare the book and movie, I'm sad to say it will leave you like most relationships-- confused by mixed signals.

No comments: