Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Truck By Any Other Name...

The thought occurred to me today:

I will NEVER name my child after any vehicle-- for example--Dakota, Mercedes, Porche, etc...

Now, I am not knocking parents that do this... it is just something I find somewhat silly. As a teacher, I come across lots of unusual names... Tonight at the spelling bee I met brothers Suhn and Psalm... definitely different.

Then there are the people that have common names, spelled unusually... Elysabeth, for example. As someone who's name is not common-- it's tough growing up not being able to find pencils and keychains with your name on them...

I'm just sayin'....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm with you on that one. Not just vehicles, but all sorts of odd names that, I can't help but think, either the parents didn't really think through, or they take pleasure in submitting their children to years of torture!