Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Year in Review: 2008

January
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year?: This is the year to make things happen-- NO REGRETS.. BE FEARLESS!
2. Who kissed you at midnight?: not happened yet, but I s'pose my family as that is who I am with
3. Have you ever been to times square to watch the ball drop?: Nope... not sure I would want to actually...

February
1. Who was your valentine in 2008?: HA! We had an anti-VD dinner-- me, Miche, Josh, et al. Some chick fell in my yard and did serious ankle damage...
2. What did your valentine get you?: honestly, I don't remember much. I know one of my students got me a teddy bear that whistled...it was funny
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class?: of course, I still do


March
1. Are you Irish?: Nope... Mc-Scottish
2. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?: Yes... 5th graders LOVE to pinch you if you don't
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day in 2008: Wow... I seriously don't remember...



April
1. Do you like the rain?: LOVE IT! Esp thunderstorms
2. Did you play an April fool's joke on anyone this year? I don't think I did...
3. Do you get tons of candy on easter?: I do... esp Cadbury Eggs... MMmmm!



May
1. What's your favorite kind of flower?: Pansies are my fave!
2. Do you like the spring?: Yes. Means school is ALMOST OUT!
3. What would you think of as a spring color?: Anything pastel-- pink, lavender, yellow... "It's like Easter just threw up on the floor!"



June
1. What year did you graduate from school?: 1995, 2000, 2003
2. Did you go on any vacations last June?: First I went to England with Nan... then to NYC with the family....



July
1. What did you do on the 4th of July?: The fam as @ Aunt V's in VA... we shot fireworks and drank lots of margaritas
2. Went on any vacations during this month?: HMMMmmm... I guess just to VA... Oh and Lacy and I hiked Mt. LeConte also...



August
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer?: Nope, just headed back to school... woo!
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '08?: My trip to England, fo sho!

3. Do you go swimming a lot in the summer?: not a lot...
4. Do you go to the beach a lot?: not a lot... I am planning a beach trip for Spring Break this year



September
1. Who is your favorite teacher?: Still Talbott... she's my hero! This is her last year... lucky duck gets to retire...
2. Do you like fall better than summer?: Yup... Fall is my FAVORITE!

October
1. What was your favorite halloween costume? This year I went as Las Vegas-- it was awesome!!
2. What's your favorite candy?: Reese's Cups
3. What did you dress up like this year?: Las Vegas... "Lady Luck" was the actual costume name

November
1. Whose house do you usually go to for thanksgiving?: This year I just went to Dad's... as Grandma was out of town again...
2. Do you like stuffing?: (a.k.a dressing) YES! I could eat my weight in it! And I did!
3. What are you thankful for?: great family and friends... a good class @ school... and all the opportunities that I have in life-- I know I am very blessed.

December
1. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?: I have...
2. What do you want this year for christmas?: honestly, not much of anything...
3. What's the best present you ever got for Christmas?: Wow, no clue... This year I got some cool stuff: a Cricuit (for scrapbooking), a wish necklace-- to be FEARLESS (conplete with dragon charm), a hip scarf-- to bellydance myself around the house, and lots of notepads and journals to get myself organized
4. Do you like cold weather?: Yes... but I feel if it is COLD, there should also be snow... And I get tired of bitter cold...

1) How would you rate your 08(1-10)?: Hmmm... 7 or 7.5-- definitely better than last year... And I have a good feeling about '09!

2) Where were you when 2008 began? Fredericksburg, VA @ Aunt V's

3) Who were you with? The fam-- Crazy aunts, Jessica, Thom, Mae, Henry, Richard, William, Alexander & Gma

4) Where will you be when 2008 ends? I'm in Ojai, CA with the same fam
5) Who will you be with when 2008 ends? the fam

6) Do you have a new years resolution for 2009? This is the year to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN... and be more FEARLESS

7) Did you fall in love in 2008? Don't know about love... but perhaps more "mcSmitten"

8) You regret it? No regrets! That's the deal

9) Did you breakup with anyone in 2008? uh, no.... that would require dating someone

10) Did you make any new friends in 2008? I'm sure I did... some friends I got to know better... WAIT! I thought of a new friend! Josh 2.0!

11) Who is your favorite new friend? Josh 2.0 (and all his ghosts) win! I also got to know Lacy better-- and that ROCKS!

12) What was your favorite month of 2008? October= VEGAS, BABY! I look fwd to that trip all year. I also loved May/June when Nan and I were in England

13) How many different places did you travel to in 2008?: Oh wow-- see this was my resolution-- Cancun, VA, England, New York, Vegas, California, Indiana, Nashville, Cookeville (hey, might not be glamorous, but it counts!)

14) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2008? not close to me, but several friends did and I did my best to be there for them

15) Did you miss anyone in the past year? Mc-yes.

16) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2008? Oh wow... hmmm, "Quantum of Solace" or "The Dark Knight" I s'pose.. and "Role Models" cracked me up. There are a lot of '08 movies I haven't seen yet.

17) Do you enjoy where you are now? I feel I have made some definite progress this year. And I feel some more progress coming this year...

18) What was your proudest moment of 2008? Hmmm.... becoming more myself... completing some 5Ks (preparing for 1/2 marathon)... meeting the Dragon- and surviving!

19) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008? Possibly Justy's bachlorette party in Nashville... apparently I was out of control-- in a fun way... or when I fell @ Justy's wedding...ahahahaha

20) What are your plans for 2009?Be more FEARLESS... survive a 1/2 marathon... maybe even skydive... And I am now pondering a move to Nashville... we shall see!

No comments: