Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'd Like to Thank the Little People...

Mary at Life in a Small Town gave me an award!


Thank you so much! It came with conditions, though:



Accept and thank the person who gave it to you! List 10 things about yourself List 5 additional things you DON'T like Then pick ten people to give this lovely award to!


First of all, THANK YOU to Mary... I've been a blog slacker this week and last-- trust me! LOTS going on... But it's nice to know there are some people reading my rants and raves. 
 
OK, ABOUT ME:
 
1. I am about to be a mom to (what I'm sure will be) a FANTASTIC little girl!
2. I am completely fed up with US Immigration... I just want my crazy British man HERE... is that too much to ask?
3. I like fun hairstyles and colors.
4. My cat Carl is INSANE... but very cute, which may be what saves his life.
5. My cat Cleo is a great friend... she is my sweet old lady cat.
6. At present time I cannot wait for school to be OVER!
7. I am addicted to audiobooks-- especially now that I rarely have time and energy to read.
8. I often wish I had taken Spanish instead of French... though now that I have a student from Haiti, the French is finally useful.
9. I'm definitely a jeans and tshirt kind of girl.
10. I love to travel-- esp. to England, Vegas, California...
 
DISLIKES:
 
1. Checking my blood sugar. This is only day two-- but what a pain!
2. Children with anger issues or that are otherwise disrespectful.
3. Pineapple, mushrooms, most beans... (This one's for Matt who swears I am a picky eater)
4. People who do not take responsibility for their actions.
5. Matt's cardiologist who is taking his sweet time sending the Embassy Dr. his report...
 
Now for passing it on... Not sure I know 10 people/ bloggers... but I will do my best--
 
How the Porcupine Lost Her Quills
Random Man
The Rantings of a Southern Girl
Blue Artichoke
Daisy Head
 
OK, 5 it is... Another part of my slacking I s'pose...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for nominating me....and its a NICE award!! lol
I think of you each day and wish I could do more for you. I am rooting for you!!!

S. Dub said...

Thanks man... I am really trying to stay positive and calm down... but I just can't seem to get control. UGH