Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Advent Blog: Day 22~ Reuniting

One of the great things about the holidays is friends (& family members) coming back home. Yesterday I spent most of the day with Marianne and Leigh... we did makeovers @ MAC... did some shopping... hung out @ the house... and then headed to the Hilton where some other people from HS were meeting. My favorite quote from that gathering-- "I was hoping you would be here!" (Thanks Shelley!)


After we left the bar, we came back to my place, enjoyed some appetizers, and purused old yearbooks. I won't go into too much detail... but I will say I have not laughed that hard in a LONG time. I really needed that-- esp right here before Xmas. The days before Christmas are usually nearly the death of me... and it was so nice to have a day with friends, laughter, and memories.


Marianne even brought some pants from the era... she had the jeans that were... well, AMAZING! To say they were high-waisted would have been an understatement... AND they also had the hammer loop on the side-- we didn't have a hammer (though Leigh does need one for her comedy act)... but my Hannah Montana hand sanitizer with belt clip worked nicely on the loop.


The leg warmers she sported with them really added a nice touch too I think.

Next comedic incident involved that bottle of chili tequila from the Xmas party. Leigh has been infatuated with it. It's all she talks about... well, that and a certain someone, but that's neither here nor there. Leigh's curiosity about what the pepper tastes like finally got the best of her... And well, the pictures speak for themselves:






Oh yeah, and Leigh-- I am REALLY sorry about scratching your face out in that pic from the 7th grade yearbook... I'm sure you deserved it... even though you and I neither one remember much from that year...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post buddy ....Really the school days are the best days of life...The content of the post was really nice...we are trying to reunite school friends through our website to share their fond memo

Reuniting friends

S. Dub said...

Thanks!