Pages

"No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the
British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' "
~Elizabethtown




Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Waiting Game...

Well, the day is finally here (almost...)

After 10 months of filling out paperwork, answering questions, and WAITING-- Matt has his immigration interview tomorrow. This has been, quite possibly, THE most stressful thing I have ever been through. There are so many things wrong with the immigration process, I don't even know where to start. Nor do I have the answers. I realize immigration is one of the next big political issues to be addressed, and oh how I hope they are able to make some GOOD and LOGICAL changes so no one has to go through what we have.

I don't want to say I have an "appreciation" of illegal immigrants-- but I will say I have a new UNDERSTANDING.

If things don't go well tomorrow, I honestly don't know what I will do. My gut reaction would be to pack up and head to the UK... but at 6 monnths pregnant, that is hardly an option.

My feelings and emotions this week have been up and down. Like Matt, I don't want to get my hopes up-- seems like everytime we do, we hit an obstacle. At the same time, I have a positive feeling-- I have tried desperately to stay positive. It's not been easy-- that's for damn sure! But HOW could they NOT let him come? Surely the people at the embassy have a heart...

(SIGH)

OK... I'm off to try to occupy my time...

Please send good thoughts and positive vibes across the pond! His interview is at 9:30 (UK Time)... no idea how long it will take... letting the waiting game continue...

3 comments:

The 3 Bishops said...

Read your posting & wishing you luck. Everything will work out ! Keep me posted on your blog.

S. Dub said...

Thanks! I firmly believe everything happens for a reason, and does work out in the end... Still makes me nervous though!

:)

Mary said...

*clicking ruby slippers* they have to let him come, they have to let him come!